As we begin the new academic year on campus, many new small groups – Alpha groups, D-groups, and Bible studies begin. Perhaps you have small groups starting at your church as well.
We have many excellent resources for leaders of small groups.
The first, is a link to a great article called “Five Questions that Kill Discussion” by Terry Powell, an author and frequent contributor to www.smallgroups.com (a website sponsored by Christianity Today that is packed with great resources for leaders of small groups – some free and some via subscription).
Here are a few books in our collection that are great resources as well:
- Arnold, Jeffrey. The Big Book on Small Groups. InterVarsity Press, 2004.
- Donahue, Bill. Leading Life-Changing Small Groups.
- Donahue, Bill. The Willow Creek Guide to Leading Life-Changing Small Groups. Zondervan, 1996.
- Kirkpatrick, Thomas G. Small Groups in the Church: A Handbook for Creating Community. Alban Institute, 1998.
- McBride, Neal. Real Small Groups Don’t Just Happen: Nurturing Relationships in Your Small Group. NavPress, 1998.